Make spicy chicken wings at home. You can bake crispy wings for a healthier version of your favorite hot wings recipe, and a Buffalo sauce is super easy to prepare. I usually buy the whole wings and cut them up at home, but you can buy bags of chicken wings already cut up into drumettes and wingettes. I bake spicy wings and toss half of them in a hot Buffalo sauce and leave the other half unsauced for a little variety.
A printable copy of this chicken wings recipe can be found at (link coming soon).
For more recipe ideas, check out the Chef Buck Playlist:
and to print all recipes visit my website at http://www.myfoodchannel.com/
Connect with this media to catch all of my videos...thanks
MY OTHER YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/buckredbuck
PRINT RECIPES AT MY WEBSITE:
RECIPE PLAYLISTS: http://www.youtube.com/user/FromUnderTheRock
What You Need to Make Crispy Baked Chicken Wings
3 lbs CHICKEN WINGS
2 Tbsp BAKING POWDER
1 tsp SALT
½ tsp ONION POWDER
1 tsp GARLIC POWDER
1 tsp PAPRIKA
¼ tsp BLACK PEPPER
...but really, use whatever spices you like
Ingredients For Buffalo Wing Sauce
¼ cup BUTTER
¼ - ½ cup HOT SAUCE
1 tsp WORCESTERSHIRE
1-3 Tbsp HONEY
How to Make Crispy Chicken Wings In The Oven
I generally remove the skin from chicken, but not when I'm having wings; that crisp cooked skin is what makes wings so tasty. Buy your wings already cut up, or cut the up yourself at home. They're not difficult to process at home, just cut easily between the joints, and be sure and save the wing tips to use for a chicken broth.
1) Pat chicken pieces dry with a paper towel and set aside
2) Combine the baking powder and seasonings in a bowl and mix together well
3) Toss the wingettes and drumettes with the dry coating
4) Arrange the chicken pieces on a wire rack over a baking pan and place in oven preheated to 425 degrees F
5) Cook wings for 50-60 minutes, turning every 20 minutes until crispy and done.
While the wings bake, make the sauce.
A classic Buffalo chicken wing sauce is easy to prepare.
1) In a sauce pot, melt butter
2) Add an equal amount of hot sauce to the pot, or more if you like your wings spicier
3) Throw in a splash of Worcestershire sauce
4) And for sweeter wings, add honey to taste
5) Mix well and heat through
I like my spicy wings right out of the oven, just the wings and crispy skin, but I like them tossed in Buffalo sauce, too, so I usually sauce half and leave half unsauced.
You can follow your own heart.
To sauce the wings, simply combine the wings hot out of the oven and the sauce hot off of the stove into a bowl and toss.
And a creamy blue cheese or ranch dressing makes a nice accompaniment.
And that's it!
Bake these crispy chicken wings up let me know what you think, and bon appétit!
Thanks for taking a peek at the video and recipe. If you like it, please share with your friends! I appreciate it!
"Your Call" by Kevin MacLeod. Music track used with permission Creative Commons: By Attribution and found at this link: